Whether you have a vision problem or simply wanting to look cool, you can wear contact lenses. This is because contact lenses are so versatile and have a wide variety that even those you do not have eye vision problem can wear them as part of fashion. But before one decide whether to wear contact lenses there are the things you need to know and understand about it.
1.Why people wear contact lenses?
2. What are the various types of contact lenses?
3. How to take care of your eye’s health and your contact lenses?
Here are the 5 common factors why people wear contact lenses:
This is one of the factors that affect one’s decision to wear contact lenses since it contact lenses comes elegant and gives you a welcoming aura than wearing a glasses. Some say they switch to contact lenses because they look nerdy or silly with eyeglasses.
2. Comfort and Convenience
When you go out and participate sports activity with your friends, wearing contact lenses proves to be more comfortable and convenient because it doesn’t get in the way. And since contact lenses don’t fog when the weather becomes hot then gets cold, it is more comfortable to wear.
Well, if you have the budget it is your personal choice to wear contact lenses. For those who have a vision problem but frugal on their expenses, he would be more likely to wear eyeglasses since contact lenses are costly in the long run.
4. Fashion and Esthetic
Thanks to the modern technology nowadays that even those people whose prime method of correcting their sight is through wearing eyeglasses can now wear contact lenses that are suitable for their needs. And for those who prefer to wear contact lenses over glasses because they don’t feel outdated, make sure to give your eyes a break once in awhile.
5. Vision Problem
Blurred vision, near and farsightedness and other eyesight problem can be corrected with the help of the contact lenses. However, those who wear it for this purpose are supported prescription from their ophthalmologist.
The 3 Types of Contact Lenses:
Soft Contact Lenses
These are the type of contact lenses that comfortable to use in daily. They can also correct vision problems like myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia. These type of contact lenses too can be wear even on extended hours. But it is not recommended that you wear it in bed due to the high possibility that it would irritate your eyes or cause dry eyes. There are disposable types of soft contact lenses, too. Contact lenses that are prescribed to be worn only for some period of time, say a week or a month then you do not need it after such span of time
Hard and Rigid Contact Lenses
Rigid and hard contact lenses are individually customized contact lenses, fit according to one’s need. There’s a lot advantage of this type of contact lenses compared to soft contact lenses.
What are they?
1. It comes in a breathable design, allowing necessary amount of oxygen for your eye’s health.
2. It is durable and would not be broken since it is made out from a firm plastic fiber.
3. They are healthy for your eyes.
But what is the BIG but?
But, you would be more likely to complain on your first weeks of using it since it makes you uncomfortable but once you pass through that stage of uneasiness, rigid contact lenses are more comfortable than soft ones.
Special Contact Lenses
Special contact lenses are the bifocal contact lenses, toric contact lenses, prosthetic contact lenses. These are also the contact lenses that correct special cases of eye ailments. Cases like double vision also known as diplopia fall under these special cases and thus, need special contact lenses.
Caring Both Your Eyes and Your Contact Lenses
Regardless of the type of contact lenses you use, knowing how to take care of your lenses extends the longevity of it and safeguards your eyes from redness and infection. Since taking care of your lenses correlates the health of your eyes, there are ways to properly take care of both your eyes and lenses.
1. Clean your hands from any dirt, perfume, oil before touching your eyes or your contact lenses.
2. Wear your nails short so it won’t damage the lenses of your contact lenses.
3. If you go for a swim, removing a makeup better remove first your contact lenses. Usage of any spray should be done first before you put your contact lenses.
4. Ask your ophthalmologist for a cleaning solution for your contact lenses if you are not okay with disinfectant solution.
5. Be hygienic on the cases of your contact lenses. Sterilize it and let it dry.
6. Never wear contact lenses without having a checkup. As much as it can correct vision it can bring damage as well.
7. Unless you wear extended contact lenses, do not fall asleep while wearing contact lenses.
8. Protect yourself from sun’s heat. Use hat or sunglasses, eyes are more sensitive to light exposure when it wears contacts.
9. Visit your doctor if you feel a sudden change in your vision, irritation, pain or any strange feeling that you shouldn’t normally experience. Comply with your doctor’s advice.
Now, that you’ve already had an in-depth understanding of the pros and cons of wearing contact lenses and you’d still prefer to get one, visit Freshtone.com. They have more on-sale items of different colored contact lenses and they deliver for free worldwide.
Freshtone is an online store for beautiful and colored contact lenses. They also have installment options and all their lenses are non-prescription. However, even buying for fashionable purpose lenses consult first an eye care specialist. Better to be cautious rather than end hurting our eyes. So, those who want to wear contact lenses, draw your options. What would you like? Contact that is disposable, extended wear or those that could change the color of your eyes?